Sofia World Championships day 2 in Armeec Arena, Dina Averina takes the first world titles with hoop and ball. Linoy Ashram is silver medalist with hoop. And Alexandra Agiurgiuculese conquers her first world bronze medal, and the second individual world medal for Italy after 27 years.
The fight for the All Around final becomes more and more interesting after day one: Aleksandra Soldatova and Arina Averina are almost tied and they both compete with 3 apparatus only. Although Sasha will be competing with ribbon, which scores always less than the other apparatus, she’s actually still in the lead with 40.375 in front of Dina (40.300) and Arina (40.250).
Italian girls on the run.
Alexandra Agiurgiuculese and Milena Baldassari had a brilliant competition and together with teammate Alessia Russo are actually in the fourth position of the team competition behind Russia, Bulgaria and Israel. During the Finals they also collected their best performances during a world championships: third and fourth place in the ball final.
Linoy Ashram won her first silver world medal with hoop after an amazing routine and was the first non-Russian to reach the 20.000 points at this world championships.
Special mention to the Israeli gymnast Nicol Zelikman at her first world championships, who was fifth in both finals after two very good routines, both above the 19.000. This was the very first time for Israel to have two world finalists with the same apparatus.
1. Dina Averina (RUS) 20.850
2. Linoy Ashram (ISR) 20.000
3. Arina Averina (RUS) 19.700
4. Boryana Kaleyn (BUL) 19.550
5. Nicol Zelikman (ISR) 19.500
6. Milena Baldassarri (ITA) 19.050
7. Katrin Taseva (BUL) 18.350
8. Vlada Nikolchenko (UKR) 17.050
1. Dina Averina (RUS) 20.300
2. Aleksandra Soldatova (RUS) 20.200
3. Alexandra Agiurgiuculese (ITA) 19.900
4. Milena Baldassarri (ITA) 19.500
5. Nicol Zelikman (ISR) 19.400
6. Katsiaryna Halkina (BLR) 19.200
7. Neviana Vladinova (BUL) 19.100
8. Katrin Taseva (BUL) 17.600